Tuesday, September 02, 2008

A new update (it's about flippin' time!}

How have you all been???

Me? Ok.

It has been a rough couple of weeks that's for sure.

My friend of 12 years died 2 weeks ago. She lost the battle with cancer. I'm so glad that her suffering has come to an end, but at the same time I'm going to miss her. We had grown apart the past couple of years. It has been an eye opening experience being at her side again, though she couldn't communicate with me that well her mouthing 'love you' and squeezing my hand were enough.

I also lost my aunt several days ago. She passed in her sleep, peacefully, and with no pain. I thank God for that. Her funeral is tomorrow so the family and I will head to Ohio tomorrow.

It has been a surreal couple of weeks, I'm ready for some happy times!

I have the privilege of being a guest designer next week for the challenge blog 'The Design Experiment.' I can't tell you the challenge just yet, but it is a GOOD ONE. It was very therapeutic for me, I loved working on this challenge. ;)

I also get to work with the fall survival kit at Homegrown Scrapbooks. If you've never checked out their kits YOU NEED TO!!! They are PACKED full of goodies. More to come on this....

And I have some Pink Paislee layouts to share. Man, I never get tired of working with this stuff!!!!!




I have felt quite creative lately. Not sure why but I'm not complaining either.
Scrapbooking has become fun for me once again!

This week I will share some fun summer photos with you.

Right now I'm off to make supper for the girls =)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry to learn of the recent losses you/your family have suffered.
You work is stunning, as always!
Glad to hear that you've been feeling 'creative'... gotta love when that happens, no?! {thanks for stopping by my blog today & for your sweet comment, I truly appreciate it!}

Leslie Ashe said...

Hi Tina :)
just wanted to stop by and give you big hugs today --- so here ya go {{{{hugs}}}}
I'm so sorry for everything you've been through lately. I know it's a hard time for you and I pray for you to have peace. :)

Your layouts are gorgeous!

Hope you have a wonderful week,
Leslie

p.s. I am so excited you're guesting with us this week at Design X! Can't wait to see your creation!

Leigh Penner said...

Sorry to hear about your losses, Tina! That's so rough.

I love your layouts-- you have such a great style!

Take care. {{hugs}}

Amy W. said...

sorry to hear of your recent losses, Tina. :(

can't wait to see your designs on designX! :)

Nicole said...

Sorry to hear about your Aunt and Friend Tina! {{{HUGS}}}

I love seeing all your PP projects. Makes me want to scrap!

Raechelle Bellus said...

I am so sorry about the loss of your dear friend and your sweet Aunt. {{{hugs}}}
Glad you have found some mojo, your layouts are super cute! Can't wait to see more!
I hope you are feeling better soon. :)
Rae

Blog Archive