Wednesday, February 18, 2009

American Idol!



I will admit that I'm a huge American Idol fan. I always pick my favorites at the very beginning. Here is who I've chosen this season:


This is Adam. Not only is he easy on the eyes but the boy can sing.


Alexis. I love her voice.


Danny. He has a huge heart. He will definately go far in this competition.

I pulled all pictures from the official American Idol website.

It was also my turn to make a post on the Pink Paislee blog. My assignment was to make a layout centered around "food." I chose these pictures of Chloe playing, wearing, and eventually eating the strawberries LOL.





I made a really good recipe tonight from my Pampered Chef Seasons Best Book. It is this:

Prep time: 15 Min. Cook time: 20 Min. Serves: 24

Ingredients

1 cup finely chopped)

¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley

1½ lb 90% lean ground beef

2 garlic cloves, pressed

1 tsp salt

6 slices American cheese

8 hot dog buns

24 hamburger dill pickle slices
Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Finely chop onion and parsley using Food Chopper. Combine beef, onion, parsley, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and salt in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. Press beef mixture evenly over bottom of Large Bar Pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until beef is no longer pink.

2. Meanwhile, on Cutting Board, cut cheese into quarters; set aside. Slice buns apart neatly at seams using Utility Knife (do not separate tops from bottoms). Trim about ¼ in. from each bun end to square off (discard trimmings). Cut buns into thirds for a total of 24 square mini buns; set aside.

3. Remove bar pan from oven. Pour off juices, if necessary, and place on Stackable Cooling Rack. Cut beef mixture into 24 squares using Pizza Cutter. Top each burger with one pickle and one piece of cheese. Place one bun top onto each burger; top with one bun bottom. Cover bar pan with aluminum foil and bake 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and buns are warm.

4. To serve, place one burger with bun top onto one bun bottom using Mini-Serving Spatula. Repeat with remaining burgers and bun bottoms. Serve immediately.

Instead of hamburger buns I used deli buns and cut them in half. We also used pepperjack and provolone cheeses on the burgers. They turned out great, everyone loved them, they are sure to make it to our regular meal list :)

Hope you have a great week!

5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Those sound yummy!
I used to have a bar pan, but it broke! I miss it!!
Love that layout, Tina-- super cute!!

ellen s. said...

oooh! that adam is a cutie! i agree with your pics, too. i am pulling for that big, too...the oil rig country guy.

gorgeous layouts! is that stuff shipping yet or what!?!?!? ;)

susan opel said...

I totally called the top three last night and I am feeling PRETTY good about it.

And ITA - Adam is awesome!

susan opel said...

I would like to say that I called the top three last night - feeling PRETTY good about that!

And ITA about Adam! He is awesome. :)

Laina said...

I'm totally with you on your Idol picks! Totally 100% Great layouts as always!

Blog Archive